Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Print Preview
 Bugs
 Disable Error Message PopUp in VB6 Applications
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Error when quitting program using Vista Topic Next Topic: TEXT ROTATION DONT SUPPORT CHARSET  

mikel3361
Starting Member

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2013 :  11:42:41  Show Profile  Visit mikel3361's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are in trouble with Error PopUp's in your application on exit when using the PrintPreview5.dll you can disable the Windows Error PopUp. The error message is still present in the application eventlog.

For Windows 7:
Action Center #8594; Change Action Center Settings #8594; Problem Reporting Settings. Set to Automaticaly check for solutions (recommended) - the popup disabpears for now but the eventlog is still present.

For Windows Vista:
Open your Control Panel, select "Classic View" and open "Problem Reports and Solutions". Look for "Tasks" on the left and click "Change Settings".

In the newly opening window, select "Advanced Settings". Under "For my programs, problem reporting is…", select "Off".

Maybe sometimes we get a fix for this problem - in VB6 IDE it was fixed with SP6.

Edited by - mikel3361 on 01/22/2013 10:10:34
Go to Bottom of Page

mikel3361
Starting Member

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2015 :  09:08:43  Show Profile  Visit mikel3361's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any Updates availabe to fix these errors? I have still no response form the developers - or must i seek again a new preview control for vb6?
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Error when quitting program using Vista Topic Next Topic: TEXT ROTATION DONT SUPPORT CHARSET  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Print Preview ActiveX © Mandix Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.02