Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Print Preview
 Suggestions & Enhancments
 Grids
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Report column headings with arrays Topic Next Topic: Header / Footer Border Widths  

Webtracker
Starting Member

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  16:46:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In building a grid of text I find myself wanting to free-flow text into a frame of infinite depth and fixed width with an option that allows me to return the height that the frame would require to display the text, in twips.

As I track row heights, this would allow me to know which rows would fit onto a page and which I would have to roll over onto following pages.

So in my wishlist I am looking for a .ParaTextHeight function.

Go to Bottom of Page

wbgookin

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  17:26:12  Show Profile  Visit wbgookin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Look in the Tips and Tricks section. A while ago I posted the basis for a paratextheight function (in Visual Basic) that I use. It probably needs a little modification, but you can start there to get what you want. You can then get the height before you actually print it.

Good luck,
Bill
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

Webtracker
Starting Member

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  19:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds good to me. Thanks Bill.
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Report column headings with arrays Topic Next Topic: Header / Footer Border Widths  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Print Preview ActiveX © Mandix Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.02