Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Print Preview
 Suggestions & Enhancments
 DXF output
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Header / Footer Border Widths Topic Next Topic: Tabulate  

wbgookin

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  03:32:39  Show Profile  Visit wbgookin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there any chance of getting DXF output in the future? Even simple support (lines and text) would be a great start.

If not, I guess I'll have to get it out of the structured file...ugh! :)
Go to Bottom of Page

Waty Thierry
Forum Admin

Belgium
635 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  10:19:32  Show Profile  Visit Waty Thierry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is the format of a DXF file?

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

wbgookin

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  16:07:12  Show Profile  Visit wbgookin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's the "AutoCAD Drawing Interchange Format", which is basically a text file with all the objects on the screen. A simple dxf file that draws a line from (1,2) to (3,4) would be:

SECTION
ENTITIES
LINE
ENDSEC
EOF

Text and lines are easy. Filled areas could be represented by wireframes or lines. A page about dxf files is at:
http://netghost.narod.ru/gff/graphics/summary/autodxf.htm

Basically, all the info is in the structured file ppreview already outputs. If I have time one day I'll try to write some code that extracts some of the things out of the structured file.

What are the various types of elements in the structured file? I quickly see that type 3 is some kind of text, 14 is a roundrect(?), etc. Any chance of getting a list of these?

Thanks,
Bill

Waty Thierry
Forum Admin

Belgium
635 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  10:55:43  Show Profile  Visit Waty Thierry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill

It seems possible to do a DXF export.

If you want to code it it will be easy.
We could do first the text, lines... Just post me the code that represents text, and all arround that, like position, color....

Also, I need to know the header of a DSF file, and the end of the file.

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com

wbgookin

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  12:45:19  Show Profile  Visit wbgookin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'll work up a sample file with some code for the basics and post it here once it's done.

Thanks.
  Previous Topic: Header / Footer Border Widths Topic Next Topic: Tabulate  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Print Preview ActiveX © Mandix Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.02