Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Print Preview
 Suggestions & Enhancments
 Fitting paratext in given area
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Non-integer font sizes Topic Next Topic: changing default settings  

wbgookin

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  14:10:15  Show Profile  Visit wbgookin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need to fit a paratext string into a given area. If it's too long I would want to shrink the overall font size. A function to do this would be fantastic.
Go to Bottom of Page

Waty Thierry
Forum Admin

Belgium
635 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  18:54:34  Show Profile  Visit Waty Thierry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You could easilly write it usng the TextHeight and TextWidth, within a loop, and by changing the fontsize.
If you write it, post it here, I will add it within the PPreview.

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

wbgookin

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  21:24:27  Show Profile  Visit wbgookin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Like I wrote in my other post, this isn't quite as easy for a paratext. I have one for a plain addtextat command that shrinks it down (even breaking lines, which is the key) that I'll post here. I now have one for paratext as well that takes into account the tags. I'll post it too. Just commenting it now, and making sure it actually works reasonably.

Bill

wbgookin

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  14:47:15  Show Profile  Visit wbgookin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I posted several routines in the tips and tricks section...I'm sure they need tweaking, but this should give people a start.
  Previous Topic: Non-integer font sizes Topic Next Topic: changing default settings  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Print Preview ActiveX © Mandix Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.02