PageFooter Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Installing 5.20.2 Topic Next Topic: Mouse Wheel  

dkwesley

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  23:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What might cause the footer to extend past the bottom of the print area?

I apparently have done something to cause the footer boarder to extend past the bottom margin causing extra blank pages to print. What should I look for? (This just showed up).
Go to Bottom of Page

emiel
Administrator

Belgium
327 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  12:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i encountered the same prob when addtextat is called after currenty has passed the bottom of the page. I donīt hav blank pages, but several pages (depending of how many lines are put with addtextat) with one line or parts of the addtextat lines.
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

Waty Thierry
Forum Admin

Belgium
635 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  13:12:43  Show Profile  Visit Waty Thierry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Be sure to not add text after the bottom margin.

I will search and add code to avoid blank pages.

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com

dkwesley

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  17:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waty,

The extra pages only occur when you actually print the document, it appears normal in the preview window.

There is no text close to the bottom of the page except for the footer besides I wold have thought the prASCopyPage parameter would have handled this correctly.

dkwesley

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  17:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waty,

The problem exists when I set the PaperSize to prPSLetter, it does not have this behavior when the default is allowed to be used. I ned to be able to set it to Letter size to keep some printers from stopping and asking for A4 size or to continue (some won't continue).

Waty Thierry
Forum Admin

Belgium
635 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  09:56:47  Show Profile  Visit Waty Thierry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can set the papersize in your code.
If you select another papesize in the printer setup form, of course, the size will change, and if it decrease, the problem occurs.

I have done a fix here to avoid printing of extra page, but not yet released in the beta area as I need to do some more tests before.

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com

Waty Thierry
Forum Admin

Belgium
635 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  11:18:38  Show Profile  Visit Waty Thierry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check in the beta tester area.

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com

dkwesley

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  16:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waty,

Some further testing using your latest beta version shows the same problem with extra blank pages BUT the extra pages only show up when I print to an inkjet printer (mine is a HP882C) they do not show up when printing to a laser printer.

Waty Thierry
Forum Admin

Belgium
635 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  16:22:52  Show Profile  Visit Waty Thierry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you select the printer within the setup form?
This could be an explanation, because each printer has his own pagesize definition...

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com

dkwesley

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  21:06:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waty,

I've done it both ways. If I let the code take the default value and then set the Paper Size to letter in the setup form the extra pages are generated(at least on my inkjet), If I leave it at A4 then all is OK.

The biggest issue was the fact that on some (not all) of the laser printers here when the document is sent out to print with a request for A4 size they will stop and wait for some A4 paper to be inserted. The OKIDATA 24 and HP 4200 behaved this way, an OKIDATA B61000 seemed to ignore the request for A4 size or interpreted it to be letter because it would print with either selected and never slow down.

If you figure out what the problem might be let me know.
  Previous Topic: Installing 5.20.2 Topic Next Topic: Mouse Wheel  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Print Preview ActiveX © Mandix Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.02