Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Print Preview
 Questions about Print Preview
 PageSize in Print setup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Mouse Wheel Topic Next Topic: 5.20 - Still Having Trouble w/Centered Text  

dkwesley

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  21:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before isssuing the command PV.EndDocument prOTPrinter haw can I make the print setup be set to use Letter size paper? It always comes up as A4 which causes problems on some printers.

Printer to a inkjet printer having the A4 Paper Size doesn't seem to matter bu printing to either an HP or OKIDATA Laser printer it does matter.

Using any of these command does nothing for me:
PV.PageSize = prPSLetter
PV.PaperSize = prPSLetter
Go to Bottom of Page

wbgookin

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  22:44:25  Show Profile  Visit wbgookin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does it make a difference if you issue the prPSLetter commands before or after you do your printing? I have those statements near where I send it my registration info, before I do any printing commands, and (as far as I know) it works fine...

Bill
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

dkwesley

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  23:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Setting the PaperSize prior to printing worked. I didn't think that would do any good since setting the Font name and Fontsize at that point had no effect.

emiel
Administrator

Belgium
327 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  12:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think that set pv.papersize doesn´t effect the printer settings, just the preview values (twips values) of the page. So if true, the printer settings must be evaluated. (printer preferences advandced papersize)

dkwesley

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  17:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
emiel,

Setting the PaperSize before adding anything to the document does impact the Preview printer paper size. When you click on the printer icon in the preview window the paper size is affected. (Note that this only impacts printers that will honor the paper size selected)
  Previous Topic: Mouse Wheel Topic Next Topic: 5.20 - Still Having Trouble w/Centered Text  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Print Preview ActiveX © Mandix Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.02