Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Print Preview
 Questions about Print Preview
 Barcode UPCA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Row Hight in Grid Report Topic Next Topic: Image quality in PDF export  

tcraigo
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2004 :  21:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I am attempting to generate a UPCA barcode in the preview window however have been unable to do so. The barcode does not conform to the UPCA format. When I feed it a string I get some other kind of barcode and no checksum is generated from string given.

Here is the barcode code:
pvwMain.AddBarCode strBCODE, prUPCA, pvwMain.CurrentX + 2880, pvwMain.CurrentY, 1440, 720

When I feed the entire string provided, including the checksum, i get no graphic output of a barcode image.

strBCODE comes from a csv file and is expressed as 75352002507 but on product box is 075352002507. The last digit "7" shoud be generated from previous 11 digits "07535200250" as hte leading 0 is padded on front of string before being passed to the preview control.

TC
Go to Bottom of Page

werner
Starting Member

Netherlands
8 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2004 :  15:50:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use the Anex Barcode control (see http://www.anextech.com/ocx1D.htm)
The control supports many barcode formats and use the .ClipBoardCopy to copy to the clipboard and .DrawPictureMemory to put it on the preview.

Werner
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

Waty Thierry
Forum Admin

Belgium
635 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  09:48:26  Show Profile  Visit Waty Thierry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have fixed this, adding a new parameter telling if you want or not the Checksum.
It will be in the next version soon.

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com

jamescmc
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2014 :  07:46:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I know, UPC-A is used for marking products which are sold at retail in the USA. The barcode identifies the manufacturer and specific product so point-of- sale cash register systems can automatically look up the price. I have ever used a barcode generator which supports generating UPC-A barcode in WinForms applications.
  Previous Topic: Row Hight in Grid Report Topic Next Topic: Image quality in PDF export  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Print Preview ActiveX © Mandix Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.02