Print Preview ActiveX Active Users: 18 / Visits Today: 30
Highest Active Users: 18
Print Preview ActiveX
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS
 All Forums
 Print Preview
 Sample of use in other langages than VB
 ShowPrintToFile

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert a File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
David Hancock Posted - 07/16/2006 : 12:52:51
I am using PrintPreview in VB.Net (VS2005) in a program that I am migrating from VB6. I reference PP by a reference to interop.preview5.dll. The only problem I have is that I can't get the print to file button to show I have the following code
ppr.ShowPrintToFile = True
ppr.ShowExportList = PrintPreview5.ePreviewExport.prELPDF Or PrintPreview5.ePreviewExport.prELRTF Or PrintPreview5.ePreviewExport.prELText

I have inserted the code just after the call to validate my license. My printer is an HP5900 and I run in WinXP Pro. I have included the rest of the code (minus the validation code)

Since I posted this message I have tried emailing my print as a PDF file. In VS2005 the dialogue box came up as usual but when I tried to send it the dialogue became hidden but I received no confirmation that it had been sent. I tried this in the VB6 version and it worked fine.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Waty Thierry Posted - 08/03/2006 : 20:58:07
I suggest to use the DLL instead the OCX.
The OCX is just a wrapper arround the DLL, mainy used in some languages that doesn't allow DLL (Powerbuilder...)

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com
David Hancock Posted - 07/31/2006 : 13:18:47
Hi Waty
Yes I do have VB6 and VS2005 on the same machine. I point VB6 to program files\mandix\PrintPreview5.dll
and .Net to interop.PrintPreview5.dll which I created by adding you ocx as a com object. This creates the interop file in the obj folder of the project.

As my project is rather large (27MB) I have filletted out all but the essential code so that it will run. All it needs is a blank form with a command button. Add the attached click method. When activated it will draw a grid to the PP5.

You will see that the email list has been setup ok but the save to file button does not appear
Waty Thierry Posted - 07/25/2006 : 13:03:23
Do you have VB6 and VS2005 on the same computer?
Maybe some DLL or OCX missing?

Otherwise, send me your VS2005 project.
I will debug it (I have just installed VS2005)

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com

Print Preview ActiveX © Mandix Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.02