Print Preview ActiveX Active Users: 71 / Visits Today: 118
Highest Active Users: 71
Print Preview ActiveX
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS
 All Forums
 Print Preview
 Bugs
 Bug in Email Dialog

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert a File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kevin Dube Posted - 11/09/2006 : 16:49:09
believe I have found a bug in your send mail dialog. The bug is this:

If the report type and filename are pre-set in code before the preview dialog is displayed- ie they are set via the following code:

Set fmPreview = New PrintPreview5.Preview

fmPreview.EmailFileName=”Report XYZ”

fmPreview.EmailFileType=PrintPreview5.ePreviewExport.prELPDF

Then if the user clicks on the email button, the file name field on the “send mail” form does not have the .pdf extension on it (see atttached screen shot)

If the user clicks in the file name field and causes this field to lose focus then the .pdf extension gets added on to the end of the file name.

But in this scenario, the user will not do this because the filename and file type have been preset in the code. When they don’t do this, an email is created that has no extension!! (see the second attachment)

Clearly the “Send email” button needs to do the addition of the extension to the file name rather than a lose focus event on the filename textbox.

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] fileattachmentproblem.jpg
34.52 KB

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] fileattachementproblem2.jpg
48.76 KB

Print Preview ActiveX © Mandix Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.02