Print Preview ActiveX Active Users: 65 / Visits Today: 68
Highest Active Users: 65
Print Preview ActiveX
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS
 All Forums
 Print Preview
 Questions about Print Preview
 PDF Damaged

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert a File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GeraSan Posted - 08/05/2004 : 09:14:14
Hi... I've installed my application in some workstations, the Preview works fine as a Preview, but if the document is exported to PDF, when the saved PDF file is loaded using Acrobat appears as damaged, just in files created in development machine PDF open in Acrobat, and even with this machine graphics presentation is so poor and fonts are drew one over each other (I'm using Arial and Arial Narrow Fonts, both of them are Windows system True Type Fonts... )

I understand to Preview works fine just register Preview Dll is necesary, I did that but seems is not enough, Do I need to do something else?

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
vincenzo Posted - 09/27/2004 : 16:57:39
Hi Gerasan

for the pdf problems read this:

http://www.ppreview.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136

Bye
broesi Posted - 09/02/2004 : 13:59:02
Hi Thierry,

let me jump in on this issues as well: I have a company logo that is printed on a report. The file is already a JPG, but when printed, the quality is _very_ poor. Are there any general suggestions as to how the original quality can be obtained?

Maybe something like 'the graphic should be jpg with the same size as printed' or something like this?

TIA,

broesi
Waty Thierry Posted - 09/02/2004 : 11:23:32
The converted graphics are in JPG.

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com
wbgookin Posted - 09/02/2004 : 05:38:12
Hi...when you're talking about the graphics being converted to a special format, I'm sure this is why I'm noticing a huge drop in quality in embedded images.

Is there any way of getting this conversion between my jpg (or bmp, or whatever) and the PDF format less lossy? This would be VERY helpful to me.

Thanks,
Bill
Waty Thierry Posted - 08/11/2004 : 09:26:21
Hi both, sorry for the delay, I have moved last WE, and I was very busy.

The Preview is generating PDF on his own, and PDF is a very complexe file format.
Preview only supports the main fonts like the PDF supports too. For other fonts, they need to be installed on the computer, or embeded in the PDF (that's what I do for some other fonts).
If you are using a special fonts, let me know, and I will try to find the PDF format, and embed it into the Preview.

The graphics in PDG are in a special format, and all graphics used in Preview are converted to that format. So, sometimes there could a lose of quality, but trust me, I try to do my best for everything.

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com
CEED Posted - 08/05/2004 : 10:17:20
we have exactly the same problem even with preview.dll properly registered.
We hope Thierry could tell us if there's a fix for this problem.

Print Preview ActiveX © Mandix Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.02