Print Preview ActiveX Active Users: 10 / Visits Today: 309
Highest Active Users: 109
Print Preview ActiveX
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS
 All Forums
 Print Preview
 Questions about Print Preview
 Collections of Arrays in VB.NET

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert a File

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
skordakis Posted - 01/13/2004 : 10:53:06
I'm currently evaluating PrintPreview to use it for printing services with some of our products, which are all developed on VB.NET and ASP.NET. Unfortunately, I cannot convert the vb sample project (included in preview.zip) to VB.NET project (SSTAB licensing failure) so Im trying to translate VB6 to .NET on my own.

I've created some nice printouts (e.g. Invoice layouts, Company Details etc) based on different layouts and Im happy. My only problem is creating a Report.

The major changes in handling collections of arrays under VB.NET does not allow me to run a Report. I'm lost since .ArrayReport supports only ARRAY objects and an array of strings cannot be converted to an array under VB.NET. MakeList() function (in the sample project) must be converted as well.

Is there a work-around way to create a Report under VB.NET? Could you provide me with a new .NET report creation sample?

I will definitely buy a license by the end of the week because I like the product and it seems handy for almost every kind of printout.

I look forward for your quick reply.

Technical Director
www.elogistics.gr
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sarahlynn Posted - 06/13/2014 : 09:13:23
Just in case you ever want to create an EAN-128 in your report, please check out this demo with sample codes.

Regards,
Sarah

If you like life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. - Brucee Lee
smithjimmy Posted - 01/02/2014 : 08:56:58
It is easy to complete image and document converting in VB.NET project by using this VB.NET Image Conversion SDK. It supports more than thirty image and document formats, including PDF, TIFF, GIF, BMP, JPEG and so on.
alexbadboys Posted - 06/20/2006 : 12:30:32
Sorry I've mistaked to post!!!!!
alexbadboys Posted - 06/20/2006 : 12:15:26
Hi.
I use PrintPreview5 for printing some documents in my software (built with visual basic 6).
I have this problem:
I have to print a document and send it by email automatically, I mean I dont'have to print to screen and then send by email using the menu provided by PrintPreview. I have to print to a PDF file (without printing on the screen) and then (by visual basic code) attach this file to an email and send it to an address.
I've tried to use something like this:

PrintPreview.EmailAutomaticSend = True
PrintPreview.EmailSubject = "Sending list"
PrintPreview.EmailFilename = "List"
PrintPreview.EmailFileType = prELPDF
PrintPreview.EmailListofRecipients = "alexbadboys@yahoo.it"

There aren't messages or errors while the program is running but it simply doesn't make anything!!!!
Can you help me?
Thank you.
Waty Thierry Posted - 01/23/2004 : 10:37:23
Here is the definition of ArrayReport

Public Sub ArrayReport(Dt() As Collection, Optional etsStep As eAutoStep = prASLine)

The first parameter is an array of collection containing all data for each columns(=collection part) and for each row(=array part)

Ex :
Dim dta(1 To 2) As Collection

dta(1) = MakeList("Day", "Absence")
dta(2) = MakeList("Monday", 23)

Preview.NewReport
Preview.ArrayReport dta

I don't anderstand this line :
.ArrayReport(CType(vArray, Array))

I think there could be a problem that under .NET, arrays are 0 bazed......

I will investigate more today, as I need to upgrade to VS.NET 2003 today

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com
skordakis Posted - 01/16/2004 : 10:26:32
Anybody from Customer Service (Thierry) could you please help me on these because its urgent? need to know before buy the license and package PPreview with my application.
Thanks

------------------------
A Skordakis
Technical Director
www.elogistics.gr
skordakis Posted - 01/15/2004 : 10:44:57
Here's the converted code (I used 'Upgrade VB6 code' dialog box). It seems that theres a problem when converting a string collection to an array on line:
It return "String cannot have zero length." error, which is strange because the collection doesnt have zero length.

Any ideas?

' LINES FOLLOWED ARE UPGRADED FROM VB6 code in C:\Program Files\Mandix\Print Preview 5.9\main.frm

.NewReport()
.ModifyReport(, True, , , True, True)

'Public WithEvents preview As PrintPreview5.Preview
'UPGRADE_WARNING: Lower bound of array vArray was changed from 1 to 0. Click for more: 'ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/commoner/redir/redirect.htm?keyword="vbup1033"'

Dim vArray(8) As Collection
.NewColumn("C1", "", 1000, 200, 200, 200, PrintPreview5.eColAlign.prCALeft, "", PrintPreview5.eFormatType.prFMGeneral, PrintPreview5.eCalcType.prCCNone)

.NewColumn("C2", "ABSENT CODE", 1200, 200, 200, 200, PrintPreview5.eColAlign.prCALeft, "", PrintPreview5.eFormatType.prFMGeneral, PrintPreview5.eCalcType.prCCNone)

.NewColumn("C3", "TIME IN", 1200, 200, 200, 200, PrintPreview5.eColAlign.prCALeft, "", PrintPreview5.eFormatType.prFMGeneral, PrintPreview5.eCalcType.prCCNone)

.NewColumn("C4", "TIME OUT", 1200, 200, 200, 200, PrintPreview5.eColAlign.prCALeft, "", PrintPreview5.eFormatType.prFMGeneral, PrintPreview5.eCalcType.prCCNone)

.NewColumn("C5", "LUNCH", 1200, 200, 200, 200, PrintPreview5.eColAlign.prCALeft, "", PrintPreview5.eFormatType.prFMGeneral, PrintPreview5.eCalcType.prCCNone)

.NewColumn("C6", "REGULAR", 1200, 200, 200, 200, PrintPreview5.eColAlign.prCALeft, "", PrintPreview5.eFormatType.prFMGeneral, PrintPreview5.eCalcType.prCCNone)

.NewColumn("C7", "OVERTIME", 1200, 200, 200, 200, PrintPreview5.eColAlign.prCALeft, "", PrintPreview5.eFormatType.prFMGeneral, PrintPreview5.eCalcType.prCCNone)

vArray(1) = MakeList("MONDAY", "", "", "", "", "", "")
vArray(2) = MakeList("THUESDAY", "", "", "", "", "", "")
vArray(3) = MakeList("WEDNESDAY", "", "", "", "", "", "")
vArray(4) = MakeList("THURSDAY", "", "", "", "", "", "")
vArray(5) = MakeList("FRIDAY", "", "", "", "", "", "")
vArray(6) = MakeList("SATERDAY", "", "", "", "", "", "")
vArray(7) = MakeList("SUNDAY", "", "", "", "", "", "")
vArray(8) = MakeList("TOTAL", "", "", "", "", "", "")

' *** DOESNT RUN WITH BOTH LINES ***

'1. Cannot convert Collection to Array
'.ArrayReport(vArray)

'2. Returns an error "String cannot have zero length."

Public Function MakeList(ByVal ParamArray s() As Object) As Collection

Dim v As New Collection
Dim ss As Object

For Each ss In s
v.Add(ss)
Next ss

MakeList = v

End Function

Technical Director
www.elogistics.gr
Waty Thierry Posted - 01/13/2004 : 15:37:01
Hi

You an remove the ssTab part, it is only used to display tabs, and could be easilly replaced with Microsoft Tab.

Could you send me the code you use to do the prinbouts? I am always curious of what customers do.

For your report, could you send me the VB.NET code, I will try it under my .NET environment.

Thierry

Come and visit :
www.immoassist.com
www.ppreview.net
www.vbdiamond.com
www.d2dsources.com
www.mandix.com

Print Preview ActiveX © Mandix Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.02